You Got an Invitation to Apply for a Job from a BIg Corporation So Now What?

Bait and Switch Job Offer By Moby Prince. March, 2022. You might as well be among the probably millions of people that gets contacted by recruiters with an offer to apply for X position. Whether the recruiters mentioned who the potential employer or not, this is just the beggining of a journey where you ultimately meet your fate at the end of your bargaining position. One given scenario is that you actually end up getting hired and on your way to a succesful career path. The worse case scenario is that you may not get hired and horribly waste precious time filling up forms, beggining with the application, and also engage in several "tests" to see if you are match for that given job offer that is not yours yet.
Assuming you pass the tests, background screenings will follow, along with interviews. Depending on the company they may ask for more references, and who knows what else. The tasks involved to apply for the invitation seem rather daunting. By now you are losing excitement about being hired, but deep inside you feel you will get hired. You always heard those terms right? Are you a good fit? This term alone should bring a red alert to you. For instance, if you are interviewd by a group of youngsters that are different ethnic background than you, and you happen to be 50 years of age. Basically you can assume that these group of people already determined that you are not a good fit from the getgo. Prejudices and discrimation is rampant and alive. I recently received four invitations to apply for two positions from a corporation that seems to have good benefits, and in fact this corporation used to my employer years ago. However, when I read the entire email, I just sent it to the trash can. I have no incentives to waste hours filling forms, conductiing tests, go through a background check, and then maybe find out that they opted for another candidate. Had this company paid me a bonus like $1000 US DOLLARS that I could keep whether I get hired or not. I would have gone through the entire process. Time is precious. Don't belittle yourself hoping this corporation will ultimately decide your fate. The risk you take applying might bear fruits, or a sower flavor in your life. Even temporarily. Just don't allow yourself to be pushed around. Dignity has become an obsolete commodity. Personally, the company continued to send me emails for weeks, even one that had a special applicant code so I could directly be a top considered candidate. I opted to trash that one too. Is all about them, and not much about me. Unless they expressly manifest in writing that I will be hired, I will not waste my time going through application process. You might wonder if I am delusional, perhaps I am. Thanks! But no thanks! I keep my dignity of saying no.

Comments

Popular Posts